Welcome to my stop on the blog hop! If you came from Paulina Nakamura’s site—
Pretty Pink Posh—you’re in the right place. Or if you just jumped into the hop you can see the whole list of participants and explanation of prizes at the Young Crafters Unite! site.
Here’s my contribution:
I wanted to make this card look like a package wrapped in brown paper and covered in stamps to be sent through the mail. I really enjoyed the process of making it:
- I started with a piece of kraft cardstock 9 x 7.5 inches, which I scored and folded to make a 9 x 3.75-inch card.
- I chose a Silhouette cut file in the shape of a sheet of stamps and cut two sets. I left one intact and cut out the centers from the other set.
- Using a different Tim Holtz Distress Ink on each stamp, I colored in all the backgrounds.
- Then I used the same distress inks and stamped different background designs on each.
- I chose stamp designs that were either travel or mail themed and used black ink to stamp one design on each.
- To give the stamps a little shine I spritzed them with Glimmer Mist in gold.
- Then I glued the white edges on top of the colored stamps.
- After mounting the stamps on dimensional adhesive, I tied twine around my “package” and stamped the sentiment.
The next card maker on the hop is JESSI FOGAN—One Crafty Mama. Her cards are just stunning.
I am also entering this card in the masculine card challenge (#3):
Please be sure to leave comments at each blog; we love to hear your feedback and it enters your name for chances to win prizes. 🙂 Thanks so much for visiting me today, and have a wonderful Friday!